Attractively presented and nutritionally balanced meals are a feature of The Melbourne Eastern Private Hospital.
To ensure our menu is safe and hygienic there are certain high risk foods that will not be served, such as:
- Foods containing raw or partially cooked eggs
- Chilled seafood such as raw oysters, smoked or ready to eat salmon or ready to eat cooked prawns
- Soft cheeses such as brie, camembert, fetta and blue vein
- Pate, liverwurst or other meat spreads
- Certain fresh produce that cannot be easily washed and sanitised
It is requested that visitors do not bring in the high risk foods outlined above.